A lot of people ask me about whether or not they should have a website, and in the past I would answer without hesitation with a resounding "yes!" but now I am not so quick to answer that way.
First of all, I do believe that when you do create a website it needs to be done well. I highly suggest that you have it professionally created. But there's a time and place in your business when a website makes the most sense.
I thought having a website was the first thing I needed to do to attract clients so when I started my coaching business I hired a professional to create my first website.
She was experienced, created nice graphics, and had a nice portfolio. These were all great qualifications and therefore, there was no reason that my website shouldn't get me business.
I sent prospective clients to the website to check out my services and learn more about me. They always commented on how nice my website was. But I got clients when they talked with me personally and not through my website.
My business quickly evolved and the content on my website was not accurately portraying the work I was doing. I decided I needed to spend more time and money on my website, or so I thought. But my website person and I were not on the same page so we parted ways.
I hired a new website person who was also highly qualified, a talented graphic artist and he created a fantastic looking new website for me.
I was clearer on who my clients were, the work we did and the results they achieved so I had better content and hotter copy the second time around. People loved my new website and it even sealed the deal for me on a couple of clients.
But, for the most part, I got clients the same way I always had; through having conversations about my programs and signing people up as a result of those conversations.
As I began working with more clients, I realized that my website copy was still too vague and general.
Plus, I started adding new programs to my list of services because my clients were asking for more! I decided it was time to update my website again.
More money, more time...
First of all, I do believe that when you do create a website it needs to be done well. I highly suggest that you have it professionally created. But there's a time and place in your business when a website makes the most sense.
I thought having a website was the first thing I needed to do to attract clients so when I started my coaching business I hired a professional to create my first website.
She was experienced, created nice graphics, and had a nice portfolio. These were all great qualifications and therefore, there was no reason that my website shouldn't get me business.
I sent prospective clients to the website to check out my services and learn more about me. They always commented on how nice my website was. But I got clients when they talked with me personally and not through my website.
My business quickly evolved and the content on my website was not accurately portraying the work I was doing. I decided I needed to spend more time and money on my website, or so I thought. But my website person and I were not on the same page so we parted ways.
I hired a new website person who was also highly qualified, a talented graphic artist and he created a fantastic looking new website for me.
I was clearer on who my clients were, the work we did and the results they achieved so I had better content and hotter copy the second time around. People loved my new website and it even sealed the deal for me on a couple of clients.
But, for the most part, I got clients the same way I always had; through having conversations about my programs and signing people up as a result of those conversations.
As I began working with more clients, I realized that my website copy was still too vague and general.
Plus, I started adding new programs to my list of services because my clients were asking for more! I decided it was time to update my website again.
More money, more time...


00:33
Faizan
Posted in: