Saturday 1 September 2018

Five Tips for Understanding Your New Prospects

It can be very difficult to see our business from the customer's perspective. After all, we know our business so well we take so much for granted. Or maybe, you are new to business and are still struggling with some of the common problems.

This past weekend I had an experience that might help you see your customers from their perspective. And once you see your customers from a fresh perspective, your frustrations with challenges can melt away.

This particular challenge is how do your first time callers feel and what might we do better to convert them into a customer?

Here's a recent experience I had that might be a good example for you to get an idea how a prospect might feel. I was at a large horse fair trying to learn more about what feed to use for my horses. (I have only had horses three years and still find feeding them properly is complicated.)

I stopped at a booth that I thought would be the answer. I found myself tongue tied at how to start the conversation. (This is where a good salesperson or representative could have been a great help.) I was so unsure what to ask first that I almost left the booth.

Tip one: some prospects will not try very hard to get information.

The real question in my heart that I could not verbalize was, "How do I find out about horse feeding options and more importantly, is this the right feed for my horses?"

That is when it hit me! So that's how our prospects might feel when they call our studios! They do not know how to say, "how do I select a photographer and are you the right photographer for me?"

So naturally our prospects start with "how much does it cost?" This question right out of the shoot makes most of us cringe. Most of us are unprepared on how to handle this smoothly.

We all know that cost is really irreverent when it is a product we want or need (within reason of course). Look at all the money you spend on your hobby. Answering the question of cost does not have to be the first topic addressed.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews