Wednesday, 1 August 2018

Is It Some People Seem to Win All the Time?

Welcome to Monday

I have spent my life looking for that 'big break' or some get-rich-quick scheme. I started my journey in high school when I purchased my first book on how to make my fortune in mail order. When I received the book I was slightly disappointed. The core message was 'write a book just like this and sell it to other suckers'.

While I doubt I will ever stop looking, however, unlike the millions of others still thinking there is a 'secret' you can buy for just a few dollars I have come to understand there are no quick fixes in life. Yes, if you work hard you sometimes do get some lucky breaks. This is not just in business or sales but in every area of life including health and relationships

Sales and Fitness
I was inspired by my super fit 20 something nephews to get off the couch and made a commitment in January to complete the 'couch to 5K' running program. Being on the wrong side of 50 I had a lot of skeptical people around me, especially since I was seriously overweight and could only run a few steps before being puffed out.

As I run and my body gets close to its physical limit I get tempted to stop and give up. When this happens I remind myself of today's goal and how far I have come and I manage to stay the course. The key, of course, is a carefully planned program with achievable goals. If I set my goals too high and miss one or more of my goals my motivation plummets.

Here I am in week six of a nine week program. Yesterday I managed to complete my first non-stop 3km run. I can feel the difference in my health, my mental ability and stamina in general and look forward to achieving the planned result.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews