Saturday, 29 June 2019

Prioritze! Your Life Depends On It

"Do what is right, no matter what and you will get somewhere, boy!" With that dramatic quotation from my Dad, Joe Clayton, and anecdote, I begin this article. Sure, we can all try to take short ways, and be subtly dishonest about everything, but there is always a price to pay or steps back taken unconsciously. Doing what is right and having honest character always takes you forward is what I mean. Sometimes it may all seem ridiculously hard in so many ways, but those steps forward ultimately make it all easier genuinely. When I think of all the easy seeming short ways to do things that are dishonest and "quick", I can admit that the beast of temptation has hit me also in life. Oh, how I sometimes felt envy toward those who did wrong and seemed to get away with it! But, when I realized what those people were living with inside, those feelings died off quickly and I loved myself for doing right, and best of all, my self-esteem was ultimately strengthened by me doing right. Whatever the temptation was, that sort of compromise is never worth it to me, anyway.

The only thing good for us is honesty, the rest however it may seem easier to do, is bad. Sure, honest character and balanced temperament seems hard, especially when there are "easier ways to live" than being totally honest with yourself all the time. But, what is easier than admitting the full reality to yourself always? Sure, other ways than this may seem easier, but they lead to "blank out times of the soul", cause and effect payments, sometimes called karma and dead ends that are actually steps back.

So, the priority is honesty with yourself, nothing else matters much. I am saying that starts there, everything else is an unrealistic compromise that seems easier. This reality may make a lot of people uncomfortable, including the author of the article at times, especially when the "wrong thing seems easier and more fun than the right thing". In all honesty, though, reality paints us into that corner where compromise is impossible without dishonesty. Some philosophers say that the only way out is through, well I agree with that, but, with this addition: You do not fully understand reality unless you fully and honestly go through it. Experience you genuinely learn from is a genuine and real priority always. In fact, the only thing close to real perfection is living honestly in reality, all else is meaningless, for losers, and nothing. This is what my Dad meant by "Do what is right, no matter what and you will get somewhere, boy!" and reality comes down to what we do correctly with realistic achievement anyway, not "what we can get away with and not get caught". Character is doing what is right whether or not anyone is looking, because you always see yourself. Indeed, character is genuinely doing what you understand as right. The wrong priority is to "get away with doing what is wrong".

My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews